What if you could reach new heights of looking and feeling your best for the rest of the summer? Prepare to glow with these 8 self love hacks for true summer beauty.
Hello Christine lovers, Katrina here! The girl behind our 2019 blogs, emails, and the one who is always shooting self portraits for our editorial content, like the pictures you see here! This series was inspired by Madonna’s ‘Cherish’ video by Herb Ritts… And speaking of self love, if you’re longing for sunshine and in need of a pick-me-up during your lunch break this week, give this video a watch. It will have you determined to make the beach your number one goal in no time.
As for self love, if you are a member of our mailing list, you know that we have started a new ‘Self Love Hacks’ series which comes out once each month. In this monthly edition, I share some of the little things I do to look and feel my best not just for shoots, but in my everyday life. They are personal parts of my daily routine to encourage and bring out inner beauty and furthermore, find it all around me, which is a big part of who we are and what we believe in at Christine Lingerie.
The following are the self love hacks from our email blasts, including our latest edition: ‘MY EXACT BEAUTY SMOOTHIE’.’ For future tips, please subscribe to our mailing list and look out for our monthly self love edition! We hope you enjoy these healthy and happy suggestions- please feel free to let us know what you think. Your feedback is not only welcome, but encouraged. We are always excited and thankful to hear from you.
8 SELF LOVE HACKS + MY EXACT BEAUTY SMOOTHIE
1. Dry Brushing: I can actually see the dead skin powdering off of me. It’s kind of gross but ultra effective for head-to-toe glowing, smooth, healthy skin. From increasing circulation to eliminating toxins and combatting cellulite, it’s one of the best full body anti-aging treatments you can do at home and it also happens to be super cost effective. Go to your local drugstore, pick up a dry brush, glance over this tutorial before your next shower and your skin will feel like the silk chemise you slip into when you’re done…
2. The 10-20 Minute Workout Plan: I have become obsessed with BOHO BEAUTIFUL. This lovely couple travels the world, working together to create free and effective yoga and pilates workouts. I do one or two videos first thing every morning. I find their workouts to be challenging but I try to focus on how fast they will be over and the results that I will see from pushing through! I love their vibe, I love their positive life and I love them! You can check out their fabulous videos and mission by clicking here.
3. Beauty Sleep: Sleep is a major priority for me. A good, restful slumber makes me feel like my best self inside and out. A lack of sleep can increase your cortisol levels which causes breakouts and even breaks down the collagen in your skin. Your body restores all of its organs while you slumber, including your skin (your biggest organ) and your brain, so I take sleep very seriously and make sure to put in time. With that said, sleeping in silk seems to make dreaming even dreamier. I prefer a little chemise or a silk cami and tap. 🙂
4. Laser Hair Removal: This was life changing… Showering has become so much more blissful and less time consuming without having to shave and razor burn is nowhere to be found. If you are going to invest in one treatment, this is the one for a more peaceful pampering experience forever more! In New York I go to two places and love them both: Angel Skin NYC and Shohba. I’m telling you- silk pajamas are a different experience post laser hair removal…
5. Collagen Coffee: After Boho Beautiful, I really look forward to a delicious cup of coffee with oat milk and Vanilla plant based collagen creamer. It tastes so good and holds me over until I eat my first meal around noon. Click here to see the one I get on Amazon. My favorite part of my morning is that first sip of coffee while wearing a short silk robe.
6. Need a boost? There’s an app for that… Whether it is motivational quotes, daily affirmations, or a prayer, (whatever floats your boat) take a moment to explore the apps that will work best for you to boost positivity and encouragement. Here are a few of my favorites for a little pick-me-up:
-Volley FM: You can personalize this to be the segments you want to hear. For instance, mine is set to daily inspiration, everyday positivity, word of the day, on this day in history, daily bible verse, daily horoscope and people in history.
–Motivation Quotes – Daily quotes: I like flipping through these. I also like that you can personalize how you see them via font and background.
-Unique Daily Affirmations: You hold down the button and something positive pops up. It’s pretty simple. All of these apps are basic and not necessarily providing anything unique, but that’s kind of what I like about them. They’re my shrink. haha!
–Daily Horoscope 2019 by Yodha: If you’re in to that sort of thing…
–Centering Prayer – Christine is fond of this app. I discovered it from her and I have also been enjoying it!
7. Beauty Vitamins: I’m big on this kind of stuff. Health has always been the most important factor in looking and feeling my best. My favorite brand is Hum Nutrition because they are super transparent about their ingredients, I can definitely see and feel a difference from using their vitamins, the gummy vitamins taste delicious and are vegan (no gelatin or animal product!) and I am most of all obsessed with their Raw Beauty Green Super Food Powder. I love every flavor and I add a big fat scoop to my smoothie everyday (keep reading for my full smoothie recipe!) You can even take a little quiz on their website to find out which vitamins are best for you.
8. Snail Mail: Just to say hello, I love you, I am thinking of you, I am thankful for you. I try to write one every week – but, lets be real here, I manage to get like two out each month. I love writing personal notes and I have learned that people love receiving them too. I find that this simple little thing can mean so much to the people we love. It’s a pleasant little surprise – something that is so easy to do and brings a lot of joy all around. I decorate mine with stickers (love those) and I love collecting pretty stamps to put on them too. I never regret popping a postcard in the mail.
In the summer, I can’t live without my Nutribullet… I make a smoothie pretty much everyday, and according to my roommates (and if I do say so myself) I might be a beauty smoothie ninja… So here it goes…
My Exact Beauty Smoothie:
–1/2 cup of oat milk: I put this in first to avoid powders from sticking to the bottom.
–One serving of Garden of Life Organic Meal Replacement – Raw Organic Fit Powder, Vanilla – High Protein for Weight Loss (28g) Plus Fiber, Probiotics & Svetol, Organic & Non-GMO Vegan Nutritional Shake mix.
–One heaping scoop of HUM NUTRITION’S RAW BEAUTY TROPICAL: (coconut and pineapple) helps boost energy, radiant skin + metabolism. This raw superfood is packed with antioxidants, adaptogens for energy, enzymes, probiotics and fiber. No artificials! ** The serving is technically one even scoop, but I put a big fat heaping scoop (basically two scoops) in mine. I think it tastes delicious, however I don’t necessarily feel like it screams of coconut and pineapple. Just tastes good!
–5 banana wheels: I like to buy organic bananas, wait until they are perfectly speckled, and then cut them up and freeze them myself. Five wheels usually comes out to slightly less than half of a banana and is plenty to make your smoothie sweet and delicious!
–1 cup of frozen organic blueberries: Blueberries are the MVP berry of health and beauty benefits. Just give them a google!
- A few sprinkles of cinnamon: Also SO good for you!
- One handful of organic spinach: Get those greens in, girl.
- One tablespoon of peanut butter: Good for you and so delicious if you are a peanut butter person.
** Blend that first ***
–Add six ice cubs.
This delicious and nutritious treat will have you glowing and feeling your best in no time. It truly helps me get the nutrients I need while helping me stay in shape for beach shoots, like this one! For this shoot I wore the Sandwashed chemise, which couldn’t be more fitting! 🙂
I hope these simple, timeless ideas will heighten your inspiration and enlightenment while helping you to cherish, embrace and make the very most of these final weeks of summer…
Thank you for sharing a common passion for silk and self-love, which we believe go hand in hand. I enjoy finding creative ways to celebrate these things with you and am so thankful to see our little boudoir community grow!
Until next time!
PS- it is not uncommon that I am writing these blogs, email blasts, and little postcards, or flipping through motivational quotes and prepping my NutriBullet in my Christine silks… It’s either silk, my workout clothes, or my painting overalls. Those are pretty much the three uniforms that sum up my entire life. Oh, and there’s also usually a sheet mask involved…